Generator Sets for Special Uses
The size and structure of Franconi Power Systems and its high technological capability enable significant versatility in both research for new solutions used in standard applications and in the production of generators used in special applications. The main special applications produced for sectors having particular needs and problems, can be outlined as follows:
Generator Sets of 50, 60 and 400 Hz, with the necessary technical, functional and environmental features for use in the military field, complete with electrical and mechanical interfaces, used both for base operation and for installation in armoured vehicles.
Truck mounted 400 Hz Generator Sets for powering parked aircraft, complete with continuous current output for powering up the aircraft’s engines.
Special Marine Applications
Generator Sets adapted for base service or for emergency service, with engine and alternator cooling by means of freshwater/salt water heat exchanger or by means of traditional cooling using a radiator and fan.
Power plant in a soundproof container, consisting of one or more generator sets complete with ancillary equipment such as a tank for potable water, electricity and water distribution plants and water pumping systems.
1. power plant consisting of two or more generator sets set up to supply emergency power, capable of guaranteeing dual or multiple safety using an automatic procedure (redundant electric generators)
2. power plant consisting of two or more generator sets set up to supply emergency power in parallel automatically, with or without a device for command and control of the number of generators to be used depending on the load required, suitable for plants with requirements which vary considerably over time
3. power plant consisting of generator set and UPS, to guarantee absolute continuity of the electricity supply
4. rotating UPS without battery
5. 50/60 Hz, 50/400 Hz, 60/400Hz rotating frequency converters
6. rotating voltage converters
7. motor welding generator sets
8. lighting towers